Monday, July 5, 2010

First Home Cooked Meal

We moved this week (and I missed posting last week).  Actually, I should say that we are in the process of moving because the apartment is FULL of unpacked boxes.

Moving is always exciting and unsettling.  And it effects the body - I feel exhausted by the end of the day, and famished in the afternoons.  During our transition, my husband and I threw healthy eating out the window.  We were staying at my parents for a few days and I somehow reverted to my teenage self, eating gobs of cheese and crackers when everyone else was sleeping and enjoying copious leftovers.  We were relieved to get into our new place and get back to business.

Last night the kitchen was set up enough to cook.  A stir fry without soy sauce, brown rice without spices etc, so it wasn't the best.  But it was nice to finally cook in the new place, make it feel like home instead of a disaster area.  My husband and I - spending every waking hour with each other since we moved out to get our lives in order - ate and then watched an old movie on the computer.  It was the best night we've had in our new city.

No comments:

Post a Comment