Monday, August 30, 2010

Lunch

Ah, sweet bliss.  Our long run this week was 8 miles.  I won't think about the 18 miler coming up.

I have been thinking a lot about lunch this week.  I try to take lunch to work on most days, which invariably means a couple of fruit, a PB and honey sandwich (or two) and/or a Dr Praeger's sandwich.  It is a fair amount of points, but it somehow always seems sad.  I find it hard to pack veges other than carrots, and so lunch is full of healthy but somewhat dense food.

This is important, because lunch is where my day goes nuts.  I like oatmeal for breakfast - in fact, I can happily choose it over some decadent breakfast sandwich.  But lunch... I could eat two full lunches and then get a bag of chips (the family sized bag).  It is a joy to keep eating, especially when the alternative is work!  And especially when I have to work while I eat!

So it is important to me to have plenty of good, and good sized foods.  I haven't totally figured it out, but I am working on it.  Everything relies on a good lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment