Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Off the horse

Ugh.
I ate mindlessly this week - foods that I don't particularly love, at times that I wasn't hungry, while I was alone.

This is not my plan. 

By being loosey goosey with Weight Watchers, I am trying to get the emphasis off of weight loss and strict counting.  For a couple of months, that worked.  I lost some weight, maintained it, and it didn't seem too hard.  But in order for this to work, I have to eat real food, in reasonable quantities, with occasional treats.

That's not what I have been doing lately.  I am back to ordering two lunches, two dinners, for myself.  For no good reason.  I don't even enjoy the food!! 

Today is the first time that I really did not want to post.  I have gained weight, but more importantly I am drifting in bad habits and mindlessness.  I guess for the first time I am also realizing the purpose of writing a blog that no one reads - writing this out forces me to think about why and how I stopped thinking.  Are there foods that I want to eat?  Can I just incorporate them into a mindful diet?

Let's see how this goes.  My goal this week is to eat purposely - not in a zombie daze.  If I can do it, great... if not, I looked up WW meetings in my area.  I may need more structure.

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment